Friday 21 August 2009

Flower Power


Liberty fever is spreading across London. Everyone seems to be going crazy for their dainty floral prints at the moment. Floral prints are the epitome of spring / summer chic. Every year they grace the catwalks and high streets and Liberty has been riding this craze since the beginning. They prove that floral is timeless and here to stay for years to come.

I am relatively new to wearing floral. At the beginning of last year I decided to become a bit more of a girl. This meant venturing away from jeans and tee-shirts and my tendency to wear head to toe black. I was hesitant towards wearing flowers. They scream ‘I am a girl’ and if you are not used to being lady-like, flowers can make you feel awkward and like an imposter. Nowadays I cannot get enough of flowers – it seems that all of my summer dresses have flowers on them and when I am shopping I gravitate towards anything floral. My wardrobe looks like a grandma’s tea party.

I was delighted when I noticed that the back of Liberty was covered in a Betsy floral print. Liberty is currently exhibiting the history of their prints (Prints Charming). I haven’t seen the exhibition yet but I look forward to Grayson Perry’s take on Liberty florals and checking out the collection of floral accessories. A shopping trip to Liberty? Yes Please!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh jealousy! I miss Liberty!!! At least I have a few bits of Liberty print stuff, although as relating to your first post, it's all second-hand and therefore is not to your liking!

    Nice to see you blogging my lovely, I will email back soon also! Lots of love! x

    ReplyDelete