Tuesday 25 August 2009

Wild Thing

Right now I am bonkers for leopard print. It is the epitome of sexy and cool and has always reminded me of 1950’s bombshells. Fierce girls who have a rebellious streak (I am thinking Rizzo from Grease). I hope that someday my bottom will fit into leopard print pedal pushers. I aspire to becoming a future member of the B-52’s and rocking out with them in Hawaii. Sing it now – love shack baby!

The top of my wish list at the moment is a Vivienne Westwood leopard print handbag. I make special trips to Selfridges just so I can gawk at it and envisage myself walking around the streets of London with it hanging from my shoulder. It is so dreamy. I always leave Selfridges feeling a little dreary – there is no way I can afford that bag. Could I steal it? Vivienne is a punk at heart… Surely she would understand?
I walk gloomily down Oxford Street thinking of leopard print bags to my next port of call Topshop. Everything in Topshop has shoulder pads or sequins at the moment. I don’t really feel like joining the cast of Dynasty today (or ever for that matter). I notice a leopard print top tucked in behind all the protruding shoulder pads. I might not be able to afford that Vivienne Westwood bag but I can definitely indulge in a new leopard print top. It did sooth my cravings for some fierce leopard print action.

No comments:

Post a Comment