Wednesday 28 October 2009

Geek Chic

If a genie appeared and said that I could change one thing about myself, I would wish for good eyesight. Since age 13 I have been a glasses wearer. I tried contact lenses once and in true Emma style I had an allergic reaction to them. My eyes puffed up and were red and swollen for days following.



Wearing glasses has always been a sore spot for me. If I want to look glam I have to stumble around blind for the evening (I don’t think glasses and a cute little dress work well together). People with good eyesight always say that glasses wearers are so lucky – wearing glasses is so cool. I beg to differ. However, after seeing pictures of celebrities about town in their specs, I started feeling better about the fact that I have to wear glasses. Wearing glasses has always made me feel a bit ugly but maybe it is all in my head. These gals look absolutely steaming in their frames!

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! I can't even wear eye liner let alone wear contacts. I've had glasses since I was 10 years old only to see the chalkboard at school. But the stupid optometrist in my town has been known to make your glasses stronger and stronger and I now have to wear them EVERYDAY! tired getting contacts but I had a panic attack when I got one in.. but like you said celebrities and other people say how lucky we are, they wouldn't be saying that if they were really blind like us... So glad there is someone else out there that feels the same.. sorry for novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your glasses! Plus with so many jobs now involving staring at a computer all day long soon everyone will be wearing them, so really you're just ahead of the trend. I think you look steaming in your frames!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love ur glasses, look so hip and good on u! :)

    xoxo

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete