Wednesday 14 October 2009

Mad Hatter

I have a phobia of things which are disproportionally small or large. Sounds strange but I cannot control it. When I see people wearing those huge, bright coloured joke sunglasses, I want to hurl. In that episode of Absolutely Fabulous when Eddy is eating her meals with tiny cutlery in a bid to loose weight, I was shaking with fear under my duvet. I guess that is the point of phobias – you cannot really explain why things disturb you. They just do.

There is a point to my ramblings about phobias. I wanted to talk about Nasir Mazhar’s latest collection of hats / headpieces, but it scares the crap out of me. I am kind of intrigued though at the same time. I think some of his designs are pretty amazing (they are all amazing; I just cannot look at the huge bows and sunhats, without feeling a bit uncomfortable).

His millinery is so weird and wonderful. With Lady Gaga as a fan I guess his designs are not for shrinking violets (or for those who are scared of of their hats and headpieces being oversized).


No comments:

Post a Comment