Thursday 12 November 2009

The Flaming Lips

The Flaming Lips are one of the best live acts I have ever seen. They are like watching a decadent children’s birthday party. Balloons, streamers, people dressed up in animal suits (or in last nights case – yetis), puppets, confetti, giant hands, lead singers running around on top of the crowd in bubbles, video projections and elaborate back-drops. There is no room for boredom during a Flaming Lips show. They are so wacky and wonderful, one is mesmerised at all times.

I also really love their music. Wayne Coyne has an incredible voice and although their live performances are fun-filled, their songs are really heartfelt and a tad melancholy at times (I get a lump in my throat every time I hear ‘do you realise?’)

Last nights Flaming Lips gig was really amazing. I had such a great night – I came away feeling all happy, loved up and euphoric. Sorry my gig pictures turned out a bit blurred (why does my camera do that every time I take pictures at gigs?) There is really no way to capture the awesomeness that is the Flaming Lips.




For the gig I decided to channel my inner Stevie Nicks. I bought a black lace waistcoat a few days ago from Topshop which I decided to wear with a black mini skirt and my howling wolf tee-shirt. This outfit makes me feel a bit like a gothic hippy. I felt a bit out of place at the Troxy though (the gig venue). It is an old bingo hall painted in a pastel palette with tacky Art Deco fittings.


No comments:

Post a Comment