Monday 30 November 2009

New Years Resolution - Number One

Yesterday I met up with my 'sensible' friend. We had lunch and then she declared she was off to Zara to buy some boots. She was incredibly excited because she hadn’t bought anything new for 6 weeks. I commented that 6 weeks without shopping was an amazing achievement. She then said that after blowing £2000 at Topshop in 3 months, she was on a strict shopping regime where she is only allowed one new item of clothing every 6 weeks.

That is amazing right? I don’t know about other people but I am so hopeless at putting myself on shopping bans. I tend to eat baked beans or peanut butter sandwiches for a week so that I can spend all of my spare cash on clothes.

I was inspired by her and I am going to take on a similar New Years resolution. Not too sure what form it will take but it will involve cutting back on my clothing allowance and putting my money aside for more sensible things - like into my savings account.

So on that note – I just bought a really cute tee-shirt in the Urban Outfitters sale. I really love it… I did say that I would start being sensible in the New Year after all.

Here is a picture of my new tee-shirt worn by some cute red head on the UO website. Keep posted for some pictures of me sporting it!

2 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful! I'd love to have it, too...But I am very cusious, you know :) So, I'd like to see your new shirt on you! Do you think i'd be possible to post a photo of you and your new shirt?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma,
    please follow http://rhapsodyinheels.blogspot.com/
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete