Thursday 3 September 2009

Little Shop of Horrors

When I visited Edinburgh last year I purchased this incredible skull mug. I couldn’t think of a better way to start the day – drinking tea from a skull. How pirate-tastic of me. However this was not a mug made for any practical use (aside from looking awesome). Every time I drank anything from the skull I ended up with the contents down my front. Not the amazing start to my day I had envisaged.

Our kitchen has all of these little flies at the moment. They defy fly spray and when you kill one of them, several new ones arrive. Are they attending the funeral or something? This called for dramatic measures – a Venus fly trap seemed to be my only answer…

So I purchased a Venus fly trap and decided to plant my new friend in the skull mug. It was big enough and sitting in the kitchen gathering dust. They make such an awesome team. I can also report that the Venus flytrap is working a treat. Six flies have been chomped up to date. Beware ye intruders!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea! I may steal your idea, we have those icky flies everywhere.

    ReplyDelete