Tuesday 22 September 2009

London Fashion Week (come on people! I have to write something)

So everyone is blogging about London fashion week at the moment and I thought it was about time I jumped on the band wagon because London is buzzing at the moment and I cannot contain myself. Also what sort of fashion blog would this be if I totally ignored London Fashion Week?

Mark Fast’s show has made a stir because of his use of plus size models. Having been accused of designing clothes with slim ladies in mind, he hit back saying that his knitwear could be worn by women of any shape. I must say his curvy babes on the catwalk looked totally awesome and they didn’t seem out of place to me (however I do fly the flag for ladies with a bit of meat on them – I am one myself). Fast’s stylist quit just before the show appalled by Fast’s decision to use plus size models. Apparently we bigger lasses cannot walk properly… Is that the reason I always seem to trip up on my walk to work? I always thought it was the shoddy footpaths and my ridiculous footwear… Aside from that, Mark Fast’s knitwear is looking super tasty.



I have also been impressed by Eley Kishimoto’s collection ‘Beyond the Chintz.’ I have never seen so many pretty prints in my life. It is all very bold, bright and playful.


I am head over heels in love with this fun, flirty and playful theme which seems to be running across a number of shows during fashion week and the epitome of playfulness has to be the Mulberry show. The Claridges Ballroom was decked out like a fairground with pastel balloons and carousel horses. Once more pretty prints and gorgeous flirty clothes were on show (sigh – it is all too beautiful!). Drawing on inspiration from the Virgin Suicides (a big tick) and the use of cute little black pugs in their show (another big tick) puts the Mulberry show at the top of my list for favourite fashion week shows.




And my quick round up of my fashion favourites wouldn’t be complete without a shout out to one of my favourite designers Luella. I am always impressed by Luella’s amazing use of colour and want to own pretty much everything in her collection, every year. Luella seems to be nodding to the 60’s with her new collection. The peter pan collars and princess coats remind me of my granny ever so slightly but Luella will always impress me. That blue is also so very pretty.

1 comment:

  1. This blog is cool, you really know how to read fashion! Is that model at the beginning really considered 'plus size?'

    ReplyDelete